Friday, September 30, 2011

Super Easy Fabric Ornament

I've been SO in the mood for Christmas. I want to do a really shabby chic Christmas this year and have been looking up lots of ideas online of ornaments and decorations to make for cheap.

I came across this one yesterday and made on last night - so easy and the results are beautiful, I think.

Supplies:
This next part brought me back to elementary school. Remember wrapping the tissue paper around a pencil and dabbing it in glue? Here is the grown-up version:

Wrap little fabric squares (about 2" square) around something pointed. I used a chop stick. Dab a little hot glue on the end and stick it to the Styrofoam ball.
Start by going around the outer edge first and working your way into the middle.
Finish off the back with a circle of fabric to cover where you attach your hanger. (I opted for half circles because I wanted to get twice as many out of the balls - but you could do full spheres too.)
Isn't it pretty?












1 comments:

Brenda@let'splayhouse said...

CUTE idea ... love them! I think even I could do those !!! Can't believe you're preparing for Christmas already. I need to get into gear.

Stat Counter