Friday, January 7, 2011

New Headboard

We've been without a headboard since we got married seven years ago. I've been continually on the lookout for one but just never found "the one" though.

Last month when we moved all the rooms around in the house I found myself with a large piece of plywood and could just envision my homemade headboard. Thanks to a gift for Christmas for fabric - I got started (and finished) right away - and I love, love, love it!

I bought vinyl - I wanted something washable and easy to wipe down to clean. I laid the vinyl down, then the cotton batting, then the plywood and we pulled and stapled it all around.
Once it was done I really liked it but I wanted to add some little touch to make it a little more contemporary. I found these upholstery nails at Walmart and just hammered them in all around the edge. It was perfect!
Voila!


2 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow, I love your new headboard - you made it sound easy to do. And yes, I can see why you would want it washable, LOL!!

Kristy Quinn said...

I love it! Great job mama :) It's lovely!

Stat Counter