Sunday, January 2, 2011

Menu Plan Monday


I am sick of cooking. Well, it isn't the cooking I'm sick of really - it's the food. I'm sick of food. I heard someone years ago say they wish someone would invent a new meat - I totally agree! How great would a brand new meat be??? I'll have to work on that!

But in the mean time - here is our menu plan for this week. I poured over some cooking magazines tonight and the newest Martha Stewart one and found some fun recipes to try so the menu plan this week looks a little different than normal - and for that I am thankful!

Monday
Lunch - Broccoli Cheese Soup, French Bread
Dinner - Stuffed Pork Loin w/ Roasted Apples and Sweet Potato Cottage Fries

Tuesday
Lunch - Baby Green Salad w/ Clementine, Olive, and Goat Cheese Dressing, French Bread
Dinner - Whole Roast Chicken, Carrots, Mashed Potatoes, & Gravy

Wednesday
Lunch - Tomato Pasta Sausage Soup (this is becoming a family favorite)
Dinner - Stir Fried Sirloin & Bok Choy

Thursday
Lunch - Cold Sandwiches and Chips
Dinner - Stew & Dumplings

Friday
Lunch - Quesadillas w/ cheese and olives
Dinner - New York Strip Steaks, Baked Potatoes, and Individual Chocolate Souffl├ęs - thank you Martha!

Saturday
Brunch - French Toast, Eggs, Sausage
Dinner - Homemade Shrimp & Mushroom Pizza (make and freeze earlier in week)

And if I'm feeling really adventurous this week for breakfast I'd like to try Crockpot Barley with Apricots, Almonds, and Honey - yum!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I hear ya on the sick of food thing. I sometimes say that if there was food in the house I would make it - any kind of food. I hate going to the store and trying to figure out what to make. Your menus sound good and looking at Martha is great for some new ideas. Hang in there!

Pamela said...

This is the best time of the year for dieting because the over stuffing of the holidays. You menu looks great though. I'll be there on Friday. :-)

Stat Counter