Monday, January 17, 2011

Breakfast at Viamede

Each evening I read to the girls from the Elsie Dinsmore series. It takes place in the nineteenth century, during the civil war in the South. Elsie is a beautiful young heiress who places high importance on Christian values. We are currently on book 5. There are 28 books in all. We love this series. It is filled with so many wonderful characteristics we are striving to instill in our daughters. One of the glorious homes in the book is in a location named Viamede.

Last week I asked my oldest to take on breakfast duty for Saturday morning. A few days later she showed me her menu plan and said she would like to put on a Breakfast at Viamede. I had no idea what was in store but I let her run with it.

On Friday evening the table was prepared and Saturday morning we enjoyed a lovely breakfast!
We were treated to banana biscuits, rich scones with jam, fruit salad, sausage links, scrambled eggs, tea, and orange julius. And everything was delicious!
Even Hanah got the royal treatment - although she missed it completely as she was napping at the time


0 comments:

Stat Counter