Monday, November 15, 2010

Needin' Some Motivation

I was making my first real quilt last year at this time while I was pregnant:

I was so pleased with how it turned out I decided to make another one this year. This time it will be a Christmas gift for my husband. He has been asking me to make a quilt for years. He wants something really warm that can be used around the house so I'm making it out of flannel and will back it with something even warmer I hope.
I have a long way to go still. I've made 4 of these blocks and have 16 more to go. Yikes! I've got to get busy and posting my progress on here is the best way I can think of to keep myself motivated. (Thankfully, he doesn't usually look at my blog so I'm not worried about him finding out!)
My "plan" is to make 4 blocks each day this week and have the top of the quilt completed by the end of November so I can compile and hand quilt it during December. So far, I'm just working during Hanah's naps - which is a challenge but we'll see how it goes...:)

1 comments:

Kristy Quinn said...

OH I wish we lived closer! I'd love to learn how to sew quilts!! I love the one you did while you were pregnant.

Stat Counter