Friday, September 24, 2010

Show Us Your Life - Master Bedroom

I decided to participate in Kelly's Show Us Your Life this week. I really dislike our bedroom. I have never put much effort into it until lately and I'm still not sold. But the few changes I have made recently are making it a little more bearable.


It is a super small room, (like, 11' x 11' small). I read the other day that the bed size you choose should only take up 1/3 of the room it will be in. If that is the case, we should be sleeping in a twin bed!

We have a queen size bed. I just bought the blue pillows a few weeks ago and like them. I am thinking of getting away from the red in this room and going more subtle with blue and white. It makes it more serene and we both prefer it that way. The pack and play "just" fits beside the bed and I hung a few pictures of us in our "early days". And of course, the best accessory in the room is in the middle of the bed!
We are waiting to put larger vinyl windows in this room so I haven't really ever done much with the window coverings. They are pretty boring. Also, the walls need to be patched and fixed. The house used to be a rental and there are a lot of problems with the walls in our room. They really need to be torn out and redone. Someday. I stuck our cedar chest in the corner and added a few white accessories and candles. This is one of the newest changes and I really like it so far.
Since our room is so small, I decided to put our dresser in the closet and hang a curtain in front. I like how it hides the clutter.



0 comments:

Stat Counter