Sunday, July 11, 2010

Black Bean Brownies


I came across this recipe the other day and it looked so good I just had to try it - despite the main ingredient. I made the first mistake of telling my family what they were made with - actually it wasn't a mistake at all because it made them steer clear of them and I could enjoy them.

So without further ado...

Black Bean Brownies

3 cups pureed black beans (I filled up the blender to the 4 cup line and added a little water)
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Puree black beans with a little water until "smoothy" like consistency.
Mix all wet ingredients.
Add dry ingredients.
Add chocolate chips - the recipe also calls for 1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut but I chose not to add it - it would be yummy though.
Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean in the center. Let cool on a cooling rack before cutting.

I forgot to take a picture of the finished brownies but here is one wrapped up and ready to be sold at our Farmer's Market.
PS...
(they were so yummy)

0 comments:

Stat Counter