Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Oh My Goodness!

So, my middle daughter had a "date" with her dad today and she wanted to have ice cream. Since we didn't have any - I suggested we make some! I remembered making ice cream with milk, sugar, ice, and salt - something like that. So we looked up the recipe online and got to work!

We filled a large ziploc bag with ice cubes and 12 Tablespoons of rock salt (we keep this on hand for use with our hard water - so we didn't need to go out and buy anything special for this project - yay!)

Then, in a smaller bag we combined 1 cup of milk, 2 Tablespoons sugar, and 1/2 tsp vanilla. And sealed the bag - tight.
We put the small bag inside the larger bag - and sealed it up.
And shook it all up - for about 5 minutes.

(a side note - my baby thought this was the funniest thing - watching her sister shake the bag. She giggled and giggled!)

The result?


Possibly the best ice cream we have ever tasted,
EVER.

This recipe made only this small bowl full - so Dad and H shared it.


But the tiny taste I had was so good...

...I made a larger batch tonight and had my own date!


(Recipe can easily be doubled or, you know - quadrupled)

1 comments:

Lynnette Kraft said...

Seriously? You can make ice cream like that? COOL! I've made it in an ice cream maker, but that's what I call being resourceful! :) WAY COOL.

Stat Counter