Friday, May 21, 2010

Maple Syrup

I had maple syrup on my grocery list this week and one of my daughters mentioned that there was a recipe for it on the back of the brown sugar package. I figured it was interesting enough to give it a try.
I had most of the ingredients on hand already except for the maple flavoring. I estimate that this cost just over 75 cents to make a large bottle of syrup.

1 cup water
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
maple flavoring to taste

Combine water and corn syrup - heat until it steams.
Add sugars and stir to dissolve. Heat to boiling until candy thermometer reads 220 degrees.
Remove from heat and add maple flavoring to taste - I used about 1/2 tsp.
Cool and store in a container with a lid.
We all had to taste this once it was finished and we were all impressed. Very yummy - we can't wait to try it on pancakes!


0 comments:

Stat Counter