Friday, January 1, 2010

Watching God Work


This morning Hadassah made an easy bake cake. It smelled so good that I just had to give in and make a cake myself that could be enjoyed by the whole family.

While I was making this cake - my husband was having lunch with an old friend. Our two families had drifted apart. They met up on facebook again and decided to have lunch and see if they could work things out.

Back to the cake...It was done and in the middle of being frosted when the phone rang. (My husband wasn't home yet). On the other end was the friend he had met for lunch saying that their family would be over in just a little bit and to let my husband know.

YIKES!

Don't you love that when your husband invites someone over without any warning at all?!?!

Fortunately, Fridays are our clean the house day and it was looking really good by this point - just a quick dust and pick up and things were in shape. But what was I going to serve them? I had to have something to serve our guests!

And then I looked over at the counter and saw - THE CAKE!

I love seeing God work things in His own way - even the smallest of details.

So...it wasn't just a pregnant woman's craving after all - that's my story and I'm sticking to it!





1 comments:

NerdMom said...

It is so awesome the was God works, especially with the prompting of our hearts!

Stat Counter