Tuesday, January 19, 2010

37 Weeks and a Whole Lotta Other Stuff!

Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, her lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away. Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel.

**********

My weekly Doctor appointment was very encouraging this week. He measured me at only 33cm at 37 weeks - which means the baby has dropped!!! I wasn't so sure. I have had more lower pressure ((and have been practically living in the bathroom)) but I hadn't really seen a noticeable drop so I was really pleased to hear this! Also, from what I read, delivery can be within a couple of weeks of baby dropping - but anything is possible!

I've had more contractions lately and especially over the nights. Yay! - it is getting SO close!!!

He made me smile when as I was leaving said - "see you next week, if not in the hospital before that!"

**********

In other news...things have been BUSY around here - and naturally, I love it!

Monday...

Bella started priming and painting her room. She drywalled the whole things BY HERSELF in December, patched and sanded it and is now painting it a crisp white - it looks great!
She keeps the family bookcase in her room for lack of space so to make it a little nicer for her, I covered the front with a curtain I had laying around. I can't believe I didn't do this long ago - it made such a difference!
Tuesday...

I finally got the finishing coat on our changing table/dresser. I found knobs at Target on clearance for 90 cents each. I loaded the dresser (again!) and fixed the top just so for when we bring our little one home. I love to just sit and look at it all ready.

In the midst of the mayhem, I got a few good deals at Walgreens (paid $3.65 for all this!).

Hadassah painted her closet door white.


Wednesday...

I made this sweet picture for the nursery. It is a verse I wanted to use somewhere in the room for sure. I just painted an old frame I had, made a mat out of brown cardstock, printed the verse out on the computer and voila!

We decided to bomb the house this week too - what else??? Our area has a pretty bad hobo spider problem and we hadn't done it in over a year. With the baby on the way and company coming - it was time. So we spent the day in Twin Falls just messing around and looking at stuff - it was fun.

I found some great curtains at the thrift store for $7 and hung them in my bedroom - love them!

Thursday...

Window transformation. We needed to replace the mini blinds in here desperately but could not find the right size locally so I opted for shades and sheer curtains. I am really pleased with how they turned out.


That is my week in review - and now, I think I'll take a nap!


0 comments:

Stat Counter