Thursday, December 17, 2009

32 Weeks

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.


I've been reading a TON of pregnancy related material lately and almost all of the literature states that as I near my due date my mind will be consumed with the pregnancy, the baby, and what lies ahead. That is an understatement! I can't seem to concentrate on much else besides these things it seems.

Today I am only 8 weeks from my due date.

EIGHT WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!

Things are coming together nicely. The nursery is nearly finished, the sleepers, dresses, hats, and teeny socks are washed and hung up or neatly folded in drawers. Diapers are lined up awaiting a little bum to cover up! The quilt I am making is just waiting on outer binding and it will be finished. Months ago I wondered how everything was going to come together. It seems God gives us 9 long months for a reason!
I have just a few more items on my "need to purchase before February" list. One of them was this diaper warmer. We will be using cloth wipes at home and being the winter, they could get mighty cold - so I wanted to get one of these warmers to not shock the poor thing each time she gets changed. Anyway, Walmart had them for $20 and I was planning on getting this one that matched the room just so. Perfectly white with a little green light on the front. I kept putting it off though - something kept telling me I would find a deal somewhere. Well, sure enough. I walked into the thrift store this week and found the exact one I wanted for $5. YAY!!!
I'm feeling the pregnancy more and more these days. Little one is bumbling around inside moving often. She likes to settle with her spine to my right and head down. She tends to stick her rear end far out my right side to the point where it gets a little uncomfortable but I don't mind. I've been having some lower rib pain and sometimes wonder if her little legs are stuck in there somewhere. I'm feeling more winded lately and have to take breaks more often. I'm enjoying every minute of it all though. I was at the doctor this morning and was measuring 31cm at 32 weeks. Right on track still.



0 comments:

Stat Counter