Monday, November 23, 2009

Stress-Free Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is going to be a little different for us this year. Usually it is just a small family gathering. We eat a large meal and decorate for Christmas. This year though, we are celebrating Thanksgiving with friends. I am really excited about it - I think it will be a lot of fun. Friends are coming over around 1pm, bringing food, movies, popcorn, and games and we'll just spend the day being together.

And being thankful.


Since everyone will be bringing a little something, my job won't be too difficult this year. I have a few items to cook but will be making them throughout the week so Thursday will be a day of relaxation and not slaving in the kitchen.

Here is my plan:

Monday
  • puree pumpkin for homemade pumpkin pie
  • grocery shopping for the week - then STAY OUT of the stores!
Tuesday
  • Cook turkey - I read this article other day about cooking your turkey early in the week and reheating it the day of Thanksgiving. I'm going to give it a try this year.
  • Make gravy
Wednesday
  • Make 2 pumpkin pies (from scratch)
  • Prepare Sweet Potato Casserole for cooking
Thursday
  • Bake Sweet Potato Casserole
  • Make rolls - I'm going to try these pumpkin rolls this year
  • Reheat turkey
  • Make Stuffing
  • Put gravy in crockpot
If all goes well, I plan to have everything done by noon and put my feet up for a few minutes.




0 comments:

Stat Counter