Friday, October 30, 2009

I'm In Trouble Now...

Years ago my favorite part of fall was Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Latte. Since those wonderful days, I have moved to a small town with no Starbucks (sniff, sniff).

I came across a website the other day with a number of pumpkin recipes and what did I find??? "Just Like Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte" and I had to try it.

Needless to say, I'm kinda hooked.


I went to the store today to pick up some pumpkin pie spice and couldn't bring myself to spend almost $4 on the little sucker. I checked out the ingredients and they were all things I had in my spice cabinet already! I came home, looked up a recipe online and made my own for nothing!

Pumpkin Pie Spice:
4 Tbsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
4 tsp ginger
3 tsp allspice

Voila!

I was all set to make my long lost latte.

Pumpkin Spice Latte
1 cup milk
1 Tbsp canned pumpkin
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup strong brewed coffee (or espresso if you have it)

Stir together the milk, sugar, and pumpkin. Heat in saucepan or microwave. Whisk until frothy.
Add the spice and vanilla. Blend well and add the coffee.
If you're really naughty, you'll top it with whipped cream and some more spice.
Yeah...I'm in trouble.

0 comments:

Stat Counter