Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Apples!

A friend called last week and asked if I wanted to meet to pick apples at one of her friends' homes. After only an hour of picking, we came home with 7 boxes full!


I have to admit I was kind of dreading the picking process. The girls went with me so I thought I could send them up on the ladder at least but I had no idea how easy it was when my friend showed up with one of these! I don't know where I've been but I had no idea these things existed - it sure made the job go much faster and it was kind of fun! Here is a portion of the apples we picked: I gave Hadassah the day off school to help me: The day was full - but very productive. Apple Sauce: Peeled and sliced and prepared for pies: Apple Butter: Apple Crisp: By the end of the day we only had 2 boxes left. We're just enjoying them the old fashioned way:

0 comments:

Stat Counter