Thursday, September 10, 2009

Homeschooling At It's Finest

So I'm not one to generally look forward in my lesson books to see what upcoming lessons are in store for us. That is why this is so cool!


Last week a young boy gave my husband a blow snake. He lives in the mountains and catches them all the time. My husband is a sucker for rodents, reptiles, and snakes so he took it home.

Naturally - I was thrilled.

We opened our lesson book this week in our Animal Kingdom studies to discover a lesson on snakes and how they eat.

The timing gets even better.

While I was teaching the lesson, my husband caught a couple of mice in his live trap to feed to the snake. We gathered everyone around and watched as the mouse was dropped into the cage.

We all watched in awe as the snake hissed and struck the mouse a few times, constricted around it, and swallowed it whole.

It was very cool.

Even for me.

1 comments:

David said...

That is SOOOOOOOOOOO disgusting !!!!!

Stat Counter