Monday, August 31, 2009

First Day of School

I've been a little absent from blogging lately. We've been gearing up for school which means curriculum planning, lesson plans, meal organization and the general wrapping up of Summer. I'm really excited to begin a new school year. The year ahead will have it's challenges I'm sure. I'm schooling a 9th grader and a 5th grader (yikes!). Where has the time gone??? And the new baby arriving in February will present it's own set of challenges. It should be interesting - and fun!

Here is our schedule for the new school year:

9-Noon
Family Prayer/Bible Reading
Science - (Answers in Genesis Animals)
Greek - (Learn Greek in 30 Minutes a Day)
Handwriting - (A Reason for Handwriting)
Math - (Saxon 5/4, Algebra 1)

BREAK

1:30-3:30
History (Mystery of History)
Language Arts (unknown)
Spelling (personalized)

We have a new curve this year in that my oldest needs records kept for transcripts. I'm looking forward to that new adventure as well.


All in all, it should be a great year of homeschooling. Pray that we all stay this excited in November!

0 comments:

Stat Counter