Sunday, June 28, 2009

Random Updates

I have been rather absent from blogging lately as a lot has been happening in my life. Here are the random updates:

  • Three weeks ago I found out that I am pregnant! I had been dealing with infertility for over 12 years and this feeling is just too good to be true. I praise God that His timing is perfect and His strength to endure is also perfect. For friends and family, I will be posting pregnancy updates as things progress!




  • Since finding out about the pregnancy, my house projects have been kicked into high gear (on the days I have the energy or feel well enough). I cracked down and nearly finished the living room taping and painting. There is only a tiny bit left to do but I am told by my husband that he is going to finish it. The remaining bit is high up and he doesn't want me having to climb on stacked furniture! Here are a few photos of the work in progress...


  • Our master bedroom is very small. So small that a queen size bed and a dresser make it very cramped. We picked up a new-to-us dresser at a yard sale a few weeks ago and gave it to our 14 year old. Since then I decided that it would fit better in our room and she could use the extra space of our larger one. I really don't care for either one of them as is, but one day would like to paint them and change the hardware for a big improvement. I forgot to take before pictures so the before is of the dresser with drawers removed. The transition went well and only took an afternoon.
  • While I was at it, I also painted the window and door trim in this room. When we moved in, there was an awful grey sponged design on all the trim and the closet trim has yellow stenciled stars - yeah, nice! I did a quick coat over the stars as soon as we moved in but have been living with (for some reason) the moldy-looking trim around the windows. It only took me an hour or so to get this trim all clean and white. I added some mini blinds and took down the heavy curtains for the summer. I'm planning on painting the walls the same blue (or a lighter shade) as the living room next month. Here are the before and after photos:


  • The next order of business will be painting my youngest daughter's room (which will also be a shared nursery) When we first redid her room I had no idea what I was doing with taping drywall and the outcome was awful. I started in on the patching process this week - just dabbling for now...
  • And last but not least, our 14 year old is all 14 year old! Among everything else that comes with this age, we are constantly asking her to wrap it up in the bathroom! She has a strict face washing regimen that she likes to follow every evening so when my husband saw this at a yard sale last weekend he scooped it up for her room. She loves it!

1 comments:

Misty said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am battling infertility now - it has been nearly 9 years now. Since we have no medical insurance for fertility and so many other medical expenses right now with a "highly allergic" child :) we are unable to see a doctor for help. However, I feel that God has a plan for me and He also has perfect timing...we'll see what He has planned for us. Meanwhile I have a friend that just found out that she is pregnant so my 9 year-old will have a baby to play with soon enough! LOL! Prayers for a healthy full-term pregnancy...I'll be following better now that our crazy summer is starting to slow down a bit.

Stat Counter