Monday, May 25, 2009

Tackle it Tuesday

For my Tackle it Tuesday project this week I'm posting about our new office space.

We have managed to squeeze a 10' x 10' office room into our itty-bitty closet.

Here is the finished project:

Closed curtain to hide everything:
Behind the curtain. Don't mind our lazy dog - he wouldn't move for the picture. Also, we need baseboards, so there are some places with missing drywall at the base - never mind those.
The top shelf contains a cork board and some of my kid's artwork, a metal tin box from Ikea, a basket for mail and paperwork and a cute leather camel we found last year at the thrift store - I could never quite figure out where to put him but now he has a home!
This side is boring - and cluttered - and not at all what I imagined. It's my husband's side of things. But he's a guy and he likes it this way - and that's why I installed a curtain!
This is my (more pretty) side of the closet/office. We are on the lookout for a smaller monitor for me. I just can't figure out why in this day and age of "smaller is better" why they have to make these monster monitors!
I am learning to utilize every space - high and low, seen and unseen. I put a screw in the wall here for my quilting mat and ruler. I can't see it from the outside but I always know where it is.

For more Tackle it Tuesday projects visit 5minutes for mom.

0 comments:

Stat Counter