Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cooking Ahead

Part of me would love to attempt Once a Month Cooking by cooking all day for 2 days and getting a months worth of freezer meals packed away but at the same time I really enjoy cooking most days so it would be a bummer if I didn't have to for a month.


Yesterday I bought a chub of ground beef and decided I would stretch it out and make a few meals for the freezer. At least this way I have something to draw on for those days I just don't feel like it.

Here is what I made:

11 Hamburger Patties


A Pan of Enchiladas

Taco meat


We ate the Tacos for dinner last night. I looked at the leftovers and thought I could make another meal out of them. All I added was a can of diced tomatoes. I crushed the taco shells and layered all the other ingredients. We'll see how it turns out.




1 comments:

Misty said...

Another idea for leftover taco meat: make quesadillas. Works great with leftover fajita meat too. Just put a tortilla in a pan on low heat and sprinkle with cheese (you can even spread on a tiny bit of refried beans if you have them, but it doesn't take much of anything) and then spread out a bit of the meat. If the heat is on low everything gets warmed slowly without leaving the very middle cold. When the cheese is JUST melted, fold the tortilla in half and you're done. The meat doesn't even taste reheated this way!

Stat Counter