Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's Meal

I decided to have a little fun with April Fool's Day this year. Usually I remember too late and wish I'd planned a little something. This year, I only remembered the night before but was able to come up with a few good things to do.

For breakfast, I put some food coloring in the bottom of the girls' cereal bowls and poured the cereal. When they poured the milk in, they got blue milk!

I played a little trick on my husband that didn't work out too well but he was amused that I tried. I took a picture of his computer screen desktop. I then uploaded the photo to become his desktop background. He showed me a better way to do it by using the print/screen button on the keyboard. It would have been perfect! In fact it was perfect later when he pulled it on me. I tried clicking on my desktop icons and they seemed frozen - it was just a picture of them!

For dinner I decided to get as creative as I have ever gotten. We had meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato frosting and chive sprinkles.


For dessert we had eggs and toast - toasted, slices pound cake, whipped cream and halved apricots.


As a side, a little known fact about April Fool's Day is that it is also National Atheists Day. The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God. Psalm 14:1


1 comments:

LaVonne said...

This is so funny! I can't wait until my daughter is older because I want to do this too!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and offering advice. I appreciate it. Stop by again anytime!

Blessings!

Stat Counter