Thursday, March 19, 2009

Worth the Hunt


Our local grocery store has a shopping cart or two filled with marked down items. Every time I'm at the store, I peruse the cart to see if there is anything I can't live without at a great price. There is usually a few items we buy anyways that had the packaging ripped or are soon going to be out of date and I pick those up for a fraction of the price.

Today was no exception. I was able to snag 5 large boxes of multi-grain saltine crackers for 50 cents a box!


The main reason I went to the store was to get some Aleve. I was looking for the best deal when I saw something shiny at the back. I picked to the back and found a double package for the single package price. It was a Christmas promotion (but doesn't expire until 2011) to buy one Aleve and give another as a gift - who would do that?

What should have been over $20 worth of groceries I got for $7.50.

0 comments:

Stat Counter