Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Super Simple Chili


Shortly after I married my husband 5 years ago, I was making chili for dinner and he asked if we were having sticky buns with it.

Sticky Buns - with chili?

I was really surprised by the combination. Apparently he had this in school all the time, with carrot sticks and a glass of milk. Hmmm. Didn't seem too hard to recreate, so I tried it out and have been making the two together ever since.

We had ten people for dinner last night so I made a giant batch of Super Simple Chili and a load of sticky buns. The chili is a recipe I just made up one day and it stuck.

******************************************************

Super Simple Chili

Many cans of stewed chopped tomatoes
Many cans of kidney beans
Browned Ground beef
Chili powder

Combine all ingredients and heat in the slow cooker (or on the stove) for a couple of hours.

I serve mine with grated cheddar cheese and sour cream.

And sticky buns.

So yummy!

I usually make a half batch of sticky buns but decided to make the full four dozen and freeze the rest for future use.


0 comments:

Stat Counter