Monday, January 5, 2009

Thrifting Day!

We went to the big city today to thrift store shop for our ebay sales. It was an alright day - we found a few good items to sell and a few trinkets for ourselves.

When we go to the city, we make a day of it. We leave in the morning, hit a store or two, have lunch and hit the rest of the stores. There are 5 all together and we hit every one of them today.

Some highlights:

I've been looking for a chandelier for my daughters' room and found this super-cute hobnail milk glass piece for $7! It needs a quick coat of white paint in some spots and will be hung up by the end of the week.

I also found these items that will make great sales.

Chef's Choice knife sharpener: paid $5 - potential sale of over $45
Fiesta Juicer: paid $4.50 - potential sale of over $25
Glidden Stoneware Piece: paid $1 - could be a good sale, but I may keep it as I have a weakness for bowls and this one is looking more and more like a keeper.

I snapped these neat candle holders up for myself too.

They were only 50 cents each and are so great for my country kitchen! I have no idea what these were originally - any ideas? Here is the bottom of them.

1 comments:

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Hmmm, maybe they were industrial thread spools? Cool, what ever they were. And I'd be keeping that bowl if it were mine!

Stat Counter