Friday, January 9, 2009

Fish & Blood Pressure

We visited with some friends last night, one of which has extremely high blood pressure like my husband. He spent a month in Alaska on a fishing boat where all they ate was oven baked fish. He came back and his Doctor was amazed at how his blood pressure was under control so he asked him what he had been doing. The fish he had eaten all month brought his blood pressure down to a normal level.

My husband's blood pressure (without medication) runs around 180/120. Fortunately, he can take medication to keep it at bay but starting today we have implemented more fish into our diet. My goal is to feed my family fish 3 times per week. We have lots of fishing locally and when it warms up, we will begin catching our own.

Today I made Pollock. The fellow last night told me the best way to cook it is to slather it with mayonnaise, cover it with bread crumbs and bake it in the oven. I found the following recipe to turn it up a notch and everyone really enjoyed it!

  • 1/3 mayonnaise
  • 3 Tbsp butter, melted
  • 1/3 cup onion, finely diced
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs

  • Combine first 6 ingredients in small bowl
  • Lay fish on pan sprayed with cooking spray
  • Slather mixture over fish
  • Spread bread crumbs over mayonnaise mixture
  • Bake @ 400 for 10 minutes
This was really easy and really yummy! I will be making this again very soon!

1 comments:

Yedidyah said...

You are fine woman!

Stat Counter