Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Baking Day

Money Saving Mom had a very productive baking day yesterday so I decided to follow suit today and make a few things for the freezer.

I made a batch of brownies with apple sauce instead of oil - they turned out really well. A little different texture but still yummy!

I also made waffles! I have wanted a waffle maker for some time now and found one at the thrift store a little while ago for $5.

I tried it out today and made a triple batch for the freezer.

We were given some spelt flour a while ago and I found this simple recipe using that. They turned out extremely well!

No more Eggo's for us!

*****************************************************

Spelt Waffles

Ingredients

2 eggs
3/4 cup soy milk
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup spelt flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp fructose
1/2 tsp salt (sea)
Directions
  1. In a blender, combine first three ingredients. Mix well.

  2. Add remaining four ingredients to blender. Pre-sift flour for best results.

  3. Pour into waffle maker and viola.

0 comments:

Stat Counter