Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Works for me Wednesday

One thing that I have implemented this Christmas is buying gifts all year at thrift stores and yard sales. I have picked up brand new items - still in their packages for a fraction of the cost. We have been very blessed this year with great deals and have managed to keep our Christmas shopping to a minimum.


My kids have been asking to go shopping lately for gifts. Traditionally, my husband will take them out and shop for me and I will take them out to shop for him. Since we have bought gifts all year, there is really no need to do this. So this year, I decided to let them "shop" at home instead.

I gave each daughter an amount of monopoly money and priced all of our gifts with pretend price tags. They had a blast "going shopping" in the "store" and buying gifts for dad and other family members.

Visit Rocks in my Dryer for more Works for me Wednesday

1 comments:

Mrs. Accountability said...

This is a really neat idea, thanks for sharing! I also like the plain white wrapping paper. My favorite time of the year is the after Christmas 90% off sale at Target where I get lots of wrapping paper and bows, and cards for a fraction of the cost.

Stat Counter