Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday


I thought I'd chime in on my first Works for me Wednesday. (To see more WFMW, visit Rocks in My Dryer.)

Something that works for me is very simple - the microwave timer setting.
I learned a while back that it's easier (for me anyway) to get household tasks accomplished and out of the way if I time myself.

Lucky for me, I have a little OCD in me - which works great for this! I have no problem setting the timer for, say 10 minutes to fold laundry and put it all away. It's a challenge and I really enjoy racing the clock. My kids know not to mess with me when I'm racing around the house frantically putting things away. My husband on the other hand thinks its fun to tackle me and slow me down - I get pretty competitive with that timer!

This works particularly well when I am behind on housework and things have gotten out of hand in the house. When a lot of things need to be picked up, it makes for light work to race around and get it all done in an allotted time.

It works for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great idea. I set my kitchen timer in 15 minutes intervals to complete deeper cleaning. I am a procrasitnator and knowing I only have 15 minutes gives me the motivation I need to get it done.

Dr. Okaa San said...

sounds like a good idea

Stat Counter