Monday, October 20, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...
Outside my Window.. it is a chilly October morning but the sun is peeking through

I am thinking...about taking my oldest to the doctor

From the learning rooms...H is doing math - learning centimeters - yay metric!

I am thankful for...my warm home and a loving family

From the kitchen...
peppermint tea is brewing and the breakfast dishes need to be washed

I am wearing...
pajamas and slippers

I am reading...
Karen Kingsbury's A Time To Embrace (still)

I am hoping...
to get some more ebay listings on today, among other things

I am creating...not much at the moment

I am hearing...
the train go by down the road and my husband working hard on his computer beside me

Around the house...I need to bring the laundry in from outside before it becomes an icicle, my oldest is sick in bed - again.


One of my favorite things...are white pumpkins

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Make apple butter and apple sauce. Find an apple peeler/corer. Make pumpkin puree and plan my menu for Thanksgiving.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Here are the apples we picked yesterday (this was half, we went with friends), I asked for an apple tree to pick on freecycle and was blessed with apples and plums!

Visit The Simple Woman for more Simple Woman's Daybooks

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Enjoy those wonderful apples and plums! We just finished processing about 250 pounds of apples. I have apple sauce, apple butter, apple pie filling, and apple strudel in my freezer and we've given most of the products away! (All this from a city girl who never grew up canning or freezing). It's been a blast.
Look at this white pumpkin featured in Better Homes and Gardens: http://www.bhg.com/decorating/seasonal/autumn/inspired-fall-decorating-ideas/?page=7
I thought it was so adorable!

Stat Counter