Monday, October 13, 2008

A New Favorite

I really enjoy old antique pieces of furniture. I am drawn to them. I see past the tattered, worn, and well loved crooked legs and see them fixed up, refinished, repainted, and looking lovely! I found a new friend this past weekend. The girls and I ran across an estate sale on Thursday and made a quick stop in. It was packed with stuff. I spotted a cute little dresser for $24. Not a bad price considering the woman that runs the estate sales in our area is really steep on her prices. But we were hungry and needed to get home for lunch.

The next day my husband and I went back to look around some more. As usual, the prices were half (a regular occurrence at these sales) but I still wasn't sure I wanted to spend that much since it was a big chunk of our yard sale budget for the weekend. I offered her $10 and she took it. I'm sure it was due to the fact that the snow was coming, everyone was freezing and she just wanted to get rid of everything.

I have wonderful plans for this new piece.
Obviously I will be painting it black or white. I'll post more when I have it completed.
We also found this great kettle at the sale - we needed something to keep water boiling on our new wood stove to keep the air hydrated. It beats the saucepan we had until now.!

0 comments:

Stat Counter