Monday, September 1, 2008

Monday's Meal

We have zucchini coming up like crazy in our garden, so last week I checked out a great book from the library - "The Zucchini Cookbook". I poured over it all weekend and while there are some very different recipes in it, (Zucchini Milkshakes for one!), I decided to make this Weiner Bake for lunch today. It turned out to be very good.

Easy Weiner Bake
1 lb wieners, thinly sliced
1 cup celery finely chopped (I omitted this as I didn't have it on hand)
1 chopped onion (I used dried onion flakes)
3 cups zucchini cubed (I used 5 cups)
2 Tbsp oil
1 10 oz pkg frozen peas (I omitted these because I'm a grown up and don't have to eat my peas!)
1 10.5 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup potato chips crushed

In large skillet, combine wieners, zucchini, celery and onion with oil. Saute 5 minutes.
Add peas and mushroom soup, heat
Spoon into shallow greased casserole and top with crushed potato chips
Bake at 350 for 40 minutes

Serves 6We also have a number of fresh tomatoes from our garden available right now.I tossed some large tomato chunks with herbs and oil and vinegar for a quick vegetable side dish.

1 comments:

Yedidyah said...

As I read through your blog I can see God has been really good to you! You make me want to PRAISE HIM!

Stat Counter