Thursday, September 18, 2008

Online Bible Study

I have decided to participate in an online Bible Study from Amy at In Pursuit of Proverbs 31. I have enjoyed her blog for some time and would love an opportunity to interact with fellow women online striving to be Proverbs 31 women.

The study will run every Monday for the next 10 weeks.

Amy has asked everyone who will be participating to answer the following questions:

  • What do you hope to get out of this bible study? I hope to learn more about what it means to be a Proverbs 31 woman. I want to be the best wife, mother, and child of God by studying scripture and living it out.

  • What, if anything, has prevented you from studying these scriptures in the past? Interestingly, I have always been interested in this passage. Only recently have I studied it in depth and found what it truly means.

  • What have you found helpful or frustrating about living out these scriptures? I've found it helpful to have a guideline for living my life as a wife in particular. In this world of messed up morals and lifestyles, to have a scriptural guideline which is so specific is wonderful. It is frustrating at times to try to live out what Bathsheba writes about in this passage, but knowing that I am a sinner and saved by grace and have the grace of God to pick me up day after day and try again is a blessing.

1 comments:

Amy B said...

I'm so glad that you will be joining us, Cherilyn!

I really look forward to taking this journey with you!

Stat Counter