Friday, September 26, 2008

Before & After Challenge


Way back - somewhere in June, BooMama offered a Before and After Challenge for home decorating projects. I chose my list of goals and set off do get them done.
BEFORE:


My first goal was to get the girls' room painted and such. I created this list of goals:

  • Patch the walls
  • Paint the walls
  • Paint the trim
  • Sew and hang new curtains
  • Hang up the wall decor
  • get a new-to-us dresser (or paint the old one)
  • paint the bunk bed (or get a new-to-us one>)
The girls picked out a lovely wheat color and we painted the trim white. We found a nice bunk bed at a yard sale for $15 - which included 2 new mattresses!
AFTER:
So, as you can see - I accomplished most of my goals for that room. My other project, the bathroom - not so much. Here was my list of goals for that room:
  • Patch the corner crack
  • Paint bottom portion of wall
We have since decided to redo the entire bathroom - probably next spring. We acquired an old clawfoot bathtub - at the side of the road and have grand plans to refinish it and use that in bathroom renovation. Yeah - that's one heck of a project - so, no need to patch and paint here and there when we'll be tearing it up in a few short months. Yikes! But for now, this little fall accent makes me happy

1 comments:

Kristi said...

Great job on the room. I just adore those kind of bathtubs. I think I might have planted some red geraniums while it stayed in the yard. :-) Your touch of fall is great too. I decorated my house for fall a few weeks ago even though it was 94 degrees. I was ready! Blessings to you!

Stat Counter