Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Zucchini, Tomatoes, & Corn - Oh My!


We planted our largest garden yet this year. I was a little worried at first that the slow start to summer would produce a poor crop - but I am pleasantly surprised as everything is growing like crazy and producing beautiful veggies!

I pulled in the first of the zucchini this morning. With over 10 plants planted and growing, this is only the tip of the iceberg.


The tomatoes aren't far behind and I think I'll be up to my elbows in salsa and tomato sauce in just a few short weeks.

Help! What can I do with zucchini other than make bread??? We tried grating and freezing it one year but it was a soggy mess when thawed.

Any suggestions?

1 comments:

Jennifer G said...

cut the zucchini into slices, dip in flour or breadcrumbs and do a quick pan fry - dip in ranch dressing and YUM - not the healthiest way to eat it, but BOY is it GOOD!!!

Stat Counter