Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Walmart Shopping Trip

I did a major grocery shopping today. Major for us. I had a whopping $75 to spend. Woo-hoo! I spent a good part of yesterday printing coupons and organizing my menu for the next 10-12 days.

Armed with a fat envelope of coupons, a grocery list and price matches from other store's fliers, I headed into Walmart. It took longer than usual to hunt for the coupon items which I don't normally buy, but it was worth it when a handful of items were free or cost pennies.


A few note worthy items are:

Glucerna snack bars. I received this info from Money Saving Mom. My mother-in-law is diabetic and was happy to receive these tonight. I got $19 worth of bars for free!

2 more jars of Planter's Peanuts for free with the purchase of 6 koolaid packets.

Free Zantac for heart burn. $5 coupon here.

6 boxes of Kashi cereal for $1/box with this coupon. (I print them from different computers. You can print it twice.)

Cat food for .47 - a cat recently adopted us and I was not going to start buying cat food but with free samples and great coupons like this, I don't have to spend a lot on the little fellow. Just fill out a little bit of info on your feline friend and download the $4 coupon. (Don't tell my kids, but I kind of like the little guy).

Yoplait Yo-Plus Yogurt was $1.50 for 4 with this $1 off coupon - I printed and used 4.


My total bill before coupons was $123.45
After price matches and coupons $75.78

Total savings $47.67 !!!

A customer behind me only had a few items and I told her I might be a while but she was intrigued enough to stay and watch. She asked me when I was all done how much I had actually saved. She and the cashier were amazed. - So was I!


On the way home, the girls and I stopped at Subway to redeem 4 winning emails for free bags of chips from Subway's Freshbuzz Contest.

1 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on your shopping trip! That is just awesome. I love seeing my total saved every trip. I think my best to date was $82.34 That was a thrilling day!

And thanks for the tip about the kool-aid packets. I've been holding on to Planters coupons because I usually don't buy many of those items that you'd have to get. But the kool-aid would be perfect. I even have a brother-in-law I could give the packets to. Thanks so much!

Your blog is great and I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Stat Counter