Thursday, June 26, 2008

Pressing On



I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. ~Phil 3:14

Yesterday started out perfectly! My kids are in VBS all week so I got up early, got them out the door and settled on the porch for some quiet time with God. I'm so glad I got those moments with Him because the rest of my day spiraled all over the place. I had such great intentions of getting everything in order; washing the kitchen floor, laundry, dinner made early. (This is partly in thanks to Biblical Womanhood's inspiration - and mostly because I know it's what I am supposed to do) I got a few of my To Do's done but things kept falling in my path distracting me, pulling me in different directions. All the while, my list was in my purse nagging at me to get things accomplished. Even though dinner was in the crockpot, everyone was hungry early in the afternoon so we BBQ'd hamburgers. At least I have dinner ready for tonight right? Frustrating nonetheless.

At the end of the day, as I fell into bed I had no regrets. I got some things accomplished, and the rest can wait for tomorrow.

There is always another day to do my will, but what God wants from me each day is not always my will. I have to remember that. To be flexible, to honor my husband, to change dinner plans at a moments notice, to wash the floor tomorrow, and to begin each day in His Word.

0 comments:

Stat Counter