Thursday, June 19, 2008

Friday's Frugal Finds, Freebies, & Fun

I've decided to devote Fridays to my frugal finds and freebies of the week. Some of my favorite sites to keep updated on freebies and deals are Money Saving Mom, My Good Cents, & Thrifty Jinxy I'm always looking for more too, so if you know of any - please let me know. I've been busily filling out forms for free stuff and printing coupons and can nearly type my name, address, email address and phone number with my eyes closed.

My husband will tell you I can talk anyone down without hesitation - he even tells me sometimes it's okay to pay full price! What? Never! The height of embarrassment for him was last summer at a yard sale when we found a flat top stove in incredible condition for only $45. We were totally prepared to buy it as we needed one desperately and this was a steal. But for me - it was an opportunity to make an even better deal. I offered her $40. What's more? She took the offer! YES!

So, when it comes to freebies and deals - I'm all over it. Some of my freebies which came in the mail this week are:

Pull Ups & Baby lotion Samples (give away)
Crystal Light Drink Mix
Allure Magazine (had to do a survey on this at Lightspeed Panel)
10% Coupon for Home Depot
Free Kid's Meal at Burger King
Free Sample of Night Cream (in magazine)

Our local grocery store has a point system for every dollar you spend. We redeemed points last year for a Monopoly game and this year we redeemed them for a water slide park 2 hours away. It's an all day pass and we got 4 of them. I picked them up today and noticed on the back of each one there is also a coupon for a free salad bar or kid's meal at Sizzler with the purchase of an adult entree. The kids are super excited about this one!

I used 3 of these $2 Kashi Coupons for 3 boxes of whole grain crackers regularly marked $2.69 each and got them for .69 a piece. I'm slowly learning this coupon thing and am having a lot of fun with it.

We're absolutely wiped from yard sales today and have a Bible study tonight - then up bright and early tomorrow to tackle the Saturday sales.


0 comments:

Stat Counter