Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Before & After Challenge

I have been challenged. My teenage daughter has the decorating bug. Something proudly passed down for generations. She wants to redo her room. I've been putting her off for far too long. She shares her room with her younger sister and is tired of all the "little kid stuff" that her sister "never plays with". Ah - the perils of being 13. But I do understand her need - yes, it's a need - to change her room up a bit. After all, it's been a year and a half. I can't believe she's gone this long!

So, the waiting is over. I've been carrying her paint swatches and ideas around in my purse for weeks and have decided to take the plunge and redo her room.

Thanks to BooMama's Challenge, I now have the motivation I need.

My to do list is as follows:
  • Patch the walls
  • Paint the walls
  • Paint the trim
  • Sew and hang new curtains
  • Hang up the wall decor
Secondary ideas for this room - no promises these will get done:
  • get a new-to-us dresser (or paint the old one)
  • paint the bunk bed (or get a new-to-us one)


My second project - like the first one isn't enough - is to paint the bottom half my bathroom walls. I had a great idea the first time I painted to only paint the top half and hang wainscoting on the bottom half. It never happened. So, now I've decided to just paint the lower portion to - hey, here's an idea - match the upper portion. Genius!


To do list for project #2:
  • Patch the corner crack
  • Paint bottom portion of wall





I'm the biggest procrastinator there is - so I'm truly dreading these next 5 weeks. Yes, there is a deadline. July 25. I think I can accomplish this.

Stay tuned...

0 comments:

Stat Counter